The Hike to Eternity series is about Christianity. What is Christianity? What are the fundamentals of Christianity? Why does it matter? Most importantly, how can we have and grow a relationship with God. This book is for anyone who wants to dig deep, to know what Christianity is about. This book is not about any particular church or denomination.
- Who was Jesus? The Jesus of the bible and the historical Jesus.
- Who is God?
- Who is Satan?
- What is sin?
- What is repentance and why is it important?
- Most importantly what is God’s plan for our personal salvation? What does it mean to be ‘Saved’?
- Who is the Holy Spirit and what is the trinity?
- How can we grow and cultivate our relationship with God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit?
- What are the gifts and fruits of the Holy Spirit?
- How should we prepare ourselves to live a victorious Christian life?
- What is baptism? How should we be baptized?
- What is communion and how should communion be taken?
The hike to Eternity series is NOT denominational nor does promote any denomination. The perspective of this book is what Christianity was like to the first generation after Jesus walked the earth, taught, was crucified and died on the cross, rose and ascended to heaven. What did the first church believe? Please note, the perspective is before man developed any of the denominations. The format of the book(s) is a question and answer dialog. Every concept is thoroughly nailed down in scripture. There are over 600 scriptural references and over a thousand verses cited from both the old and new testaments. The dialog provides a smooth read walking from one topic to another.
Side topics explored are:
- What is God’s perspective on diversity?
- How was the world created?
- Was there a world wide flood and how deep did the waters get?
- How to find a bible?
- How to find a church?
- What is a sabbath and what is the sabbath?
- How does God communicate with us and how do we communicate with God? The 2-way relationship.
Hike to Eternity is written in a series of hikes: 2 guys meet, develop a friendship and become hiking buddies. Jack is the perceptive, pragmatic teacher. Sam is the engaged student. As they hike through four popular Pacific Northwest day hikes, talking and sharing, they leave no stone unturned as they dig into the fundamentals of Christianity.
Hike to Eternity is offered in 2 formats: paperback and e-book. The paperback includes all four hikes. The e-book is offered as a series, where the hikes can be purchased as individual e-books or as a complete set. Hike to Salvation, is the first hike of the series. Assuming the reader has little to no knowledge of what Christianity really is it takes them to initiating a relationship with God. By entering into His salvation. Hike to Discipleship, the second hike of the series picks up where the first hike left off. Showing the new believer how God speaks with us. Hike to Anointing, the third e-book provides the believer with the fuel to live a strong Christian life. Hike to Victory, the fourth e-book empowers the believer to pursue a victorious Christian walk.
The Hike to eternity Series was first published in May of 2020.